Customer Service - Payroll Processor
SourceOne Payroll is a leader in Online Payroll Technology and HCM for more than 3 decades. Offering Full-Service Payroll Processing, Tax Management, Time and Attendance, Human Resource compliance, and complete ACA reporting for a variety of small to midsized businesses.
Join our Team!
SourceOne Payroll is looking for a new Customer Service / Payroll Processor to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for organizing and managing the entire payroll process for a group of assigned customers. Managing new hires, employee change requests, and more. You’ll be expected to coordinate between management, customer, and vendors to ensure timely transactions. Provide good visibility of the complete payroll process. Exceptional customer service is paramount!
You will play an important role in assisting with the resolution of the client's payroll tax issues, corresponding to all tax authorities, [IRS and EDD]. Multi-State tax knowledge is a bonus.
Daily Duties include:
- The Timely Processing of payroll by a deadline.
- Effectively communicate and help with the entry of hours and salaries
- Good working knowledge of the "Payroll Process" and general Human Resources subjects
- Good listening skills
- Provide assistance to our end-users as it relates to our software program[s] and all ancillary products [Timekeeping, etc.]
- Above average knowledge of computer programs and software
- Knowledge of Payroll, Payroll Tax, and HR
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Must possess an above-average aptitude for technology as it relates to mobile apps and integrated products
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience - $48,000 - $68,000 ++
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Paid Holidays after 90 days
- Medical insurance [employee]
- Dental/ Vision [pre-taxed]
- 401k with match [from day 1]
- AFLAC [pre-taxed]
- Great working environment must be a team player, work well in a group setting.
- Good outlook and a true desire to help customers with their payroll and HR issues